The Association for Clinical and Translational Science (ACTS) provides a platform for enhancing education, research, and public policy related to clinical and translational science. ACTS members consist of leaders, investigators, and trainees from academic medical centers, government, industry, and philanthropy. Through meetings, publications, and collaborative efforts, ACTS members gain an advantage by positioning themselves as leaders in the CTSA community. ACTS offers members professional development, leadership opportunities, career development, recognition, networking, and advocacy at the federal, state and local levels.
- Serves as the academic home for the disciplines of research, education, training and career development for the full spectrum of translational scientists. Provides a forum for members to develop, implement, and evaluate the impact of research education programs at the ACTS annual conference, Translational Science.
- Advocates for translational science, clinical research, patient oriented research, and research education support at the local, state, and federal levels. Provides an opportunity for members to participate in monthly Coalition for Clinical and Translational Science calls.
- Promotes investigations and dissemination of effective models for mentoring future generations of translational scientists. Through collaborative efforts, ACTS provides a forum for members to share studies, promote best practices, and optimize professional relationships among trainees and mentors.
- Publishes the Journal of Clinical and Translational Science (JCTS)--high-quality articles on research that spans the translational continuum as well as education research that informs the development of the translational workforce.
- Conducts an annual awards program to acknowledge the outstanding contributions of investigators and educators. Awards include three Distinguished Investigator Awards, the Distinguished Educator Award and the Team Science Award.
- Develops leaders at the annual ACTS Leadership Workshop; a high impact program for leaders in multi-center translational research centers.
Don't Waste Another Minute!
Advance your career. Join ACTS today. For more information, call (202) 367-1119 or email email@example.com.