The Association for Clinical and Translational Science (ACTS) provides a platform for enhancing education, research, and public policy related to clinical and translational science. ACTS members consist of leaders, investigators, and trainees from academic medical centers, government, industry, and philanthropy. Through meetings, publications, and collaborative efforts, ACTS members gain an advantage by positioning themselves as leaders in the CTSA community. ACTS offers members professional development, leadership opportunities, career development, recognition, networking, and advocacy at the federal, state and local levels.
- Serves as the academic home for the disciplines of research, education, training and career development for the full spectrum of translational scientists. Provides a forum for members to develop, implement, and evaluate the impact of research education programs at the ACTS annual conference, Translational Science.
- Advocates for translational science, clinical research, patient oriented research, and research education support at the local, state, and federal levels. Provides an opportunity for members to participate in monthly Coalition for Clinical and Translational Science calls.
- Promotes investigations and dissemination of effective models for mentoring future generations of translational scientists. Through collaborative efforts, ACTS provides a forum for members to share studies, promote best practices, and optimize professional relationships among trainees and mentors.
- Publishes the Journal of Clinical and Translational Science (JCTS)--high-quality articles on research that spans the translational continuum as well as education research that informs the development of the translational workforce.
- Conducts an annual awards program to acknowledge the outstanding contributions of investigators and educators. Awards include three Distinguished Investigator Awards, the Distinguished Educator Award and the Team Science Award.
What value does ACTS membership bring to you or your institution?
- National networking opportunities: Connect with members around the country virtually in our Special Interest Groups, and in person at the annual Translational Science meeting.
- Leadership opportunities: Get involved by serving on a committee or task force. Our organization is able to make valuable contributions to the translational science community and better our field thanks to the work of our talented volunteers.
- Advocacy opportunities: Support the development of best practices and receive the latest policy and advocacy updates through dedicated coalition calls and newsletters.
- Career advancement opportunities: Explore job opportunities in our Career Center, present a session or poster at the annual meeting, or be published in the Journal of Clinical and Translational Science.
- Business opportunities: Support the annual Translational Science meeting through a variety of special opportunities intended to highlight your industry and activities within the precision medicine and digital health space.
Don't Waste Another Minute!
Advance your career. Join ACTS today. For more information, call (202) 367-1119 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.