ACTS’s Special Interest Groups (SIG) will enhance your involvement in ACTS and expand your career network. SIGs offer opportunities to increase your leadership skills, help identify new trends and topics for the annual Translational Science meeting, and simply meet other ACTS members with similar interests and areas of specialization. SIGs are open to anyone with a website account, so join a SIG today!
- Utilize the unique abilities/resources that exist in forming these SIGs and to promote and develop their contributions to ACTS and translational sciences as a whole
- Ensure the expertise and resources within ACTS’s SIGs are being translated to the general membership
- Develop leadership opportunities within the SIGs
- Further increase ACTS value to SIGs members and the clinical and translational science field
- Provide a sense of community around designated areas of interest and education to the general ACTS membership on value, uniqueness and trends of each specific area of interest
- Contribute to the ACTS Strategic Plan
- Act in an advisory/consultative capacity to the Board of Directors and committees as needed
- Be recognized as a benefit of ACTS membership
- Create volunteer opportunities for members to engage with ACTS
How to form a SIG with ACTS:
- Fill out and submit the SIG Application Form.
- ACTS Board will vote to approve the SIG formation
- Please note that the application process will take 6-8 weeks to complete and will depend on the timing of your submission as well as the time of the next scheduled board call.