Institutional membership is open to all academic institutions that support the Society’s mission and are prepared to provide the support needed to finance the Society’s activities. An institutional membership model has permitted the Society to rapidly accumulate the resources needed to initiate the Society’s programs. Institutions that provide support will have the privilege of offering unlimited complimentary memberships to individuals at the institutions who are conducting, or supporting, clinical and translational research. Governance is vested in a Board of Directors derived from institutional members.
Individual memberships for individuals in the U.S. and other countries who are not in institutions that are members is open to clinical and translational investigators and supporters in academia, industry, philanthropy, and government. The annual meeting will be open to all who wish to attend, and the committees that craft the annual meeting will be broadly representative. Other societies with overlapping missions are encouraged to consider meeting in the same location and time as the Society.
Fill out a membership application online
As an SCTS member, you’ll join a community of 5,000 individuals from nearly 50 institutions, while receiving many exciting benefits to help you increase your presence in the clinical and translational science community.
Seeking solutions? As an individual member, you will receive:
- Discounted registration for Translational Science, a conference providing clinical and translational researchers with the latest developments in techniques and processes;
- E-mail updates of timely information of relevance in translational research;
- Access to SCTS Connection, a monthly electronic newsletter with the latest Society updates, grant announcements, industry news, member updates, as well as practical information for your research efforts. Read a past issue of SCTS Connection;
- Discounted online subscription to Clinical and Translational Science (CTS), a well-respected journal providing you with updates on current investigative work bridging the gap between laboratory discover and science;
- Access to the members-only section of the SCTS Web site. The members-only section contains valuable information available exclusively to our members, including access to advocacy updates, CTS online and more!
Looking to advance your career?
- Seize the opportunity to write articles for SCTS Connection and the CTS Journal;
- Volunteer to serve on national committees with leading experts in the field;
- Access fellow members through the SCTS membership directory, an exclusive benefit to SCTS members only;
- Enjoy the chance to network with others who share your commitment to clinical and translational science.
Want your interests represented?
- As a member, SCTS will represent your interests by advocating for your most important state and federal issues;
- Receive monthly updates on SCTS advocacy progress from the Coalition for Clinical and Translational Science - the Joint Advocacy Coalition of SCTS, ACRT, CR Forum and APOR.
Membership for individuals worldwide is open to those Individuals engaged in or supporting clinical and translational science. Before applying for individual membership, please consult our list of Institutional Members. All faculty, staff and trainees of Institutional Member institutions are eligible for a complimentary membership.
Individual Member Dues (Non-Trainee): $200.00